About Us
A penny for your thoughts indeed. Around here that would be a raise.

What makes a good blog? I think thematic consistency, a little exhibitionism, and honest writing. I can promise you the last one.

Most of my posts seem to be about music or politics. Some of them are funny. But all of them would love to hear a comment from you.

Oh-- and please welcome God to the APW team. We're thrilled and humbled to serve as His earthly vessel.

My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC

I was born at a relatively young age. Growing up consumed the better part of my childhood. As a young man I chased a lot of girls. But they kept getting away. Then I got older and even slower, so I got married. I've lived in New York City almost since before I moved here. I summer in Manhattan, which is like New York City, but with more humidity.

Here's me, without baby, thinking big thoughts. (Actually, what I'm thinking is, "Hey, these aren't Pringles!") I think I look better with baby.


Email Me

Recent Posts

Archives

Site Info
Powered by:

Blogger

Designed by:

Blog Design: E.Webscpaes


Terror Alert Level

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
Hey, I Totally Miss You Guys!
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
I want to apologize for the scandalous lack of content of late. You might assume I must be very busy with productive things. But you'd be wrong. I'm neck deep in march Madness, the Allman Brorthers band's 14-show run at the Beacon. I missed 2 shows of the 10 so far, and I'm not missing any others. They've been great, and after a while the music eminating from the stage starts to feel like food, and the process of soaking it up begins to feel like photosynthesis. Or at least I think it does; if they hadn't stolen the biology regents exam in '74 I would probably have failed it.

If you miss me, my writing energies the past 2 weeks have gone into my now insanely popular concert reviews. The band has been good enough to feature them prominently on the website, right over here. Check them out if you miss my mellifluous turn of phrase. Also, let me know if I've spelled "mellifluous" correctly. (Annie, I'm looking at you...)

Some people who have sat in with the brothers so far this run: Hubert Sumlin (Howlin' Wolf's guitarist), Peter Frampton, jazz drummer Roy Haynes, Leslie West from Mountain, Taj Mahal, Ben Harper, Susan Tedeschi (who happens to be married to the guitarist on the right), the Asbury Jukes horn section.

I am surprised that God didn't post last Friday, but hey, its not like I have someone to complain to. I pray He will deign to gace us this week.

Also: Drop by Courting Destiny and read the Post, "The Koufaxes and Moi," for info on how to vote for Pia in the blog Koufax awards. She's a good egg and I think her blog is art. Honest writing goes a long way in my book.

See ya soon.

Posted by: --josh-- @ 11:04 AM  


3 Comments:
At 3/24/2006 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...   

Mellifluous is correct. Now let's talk about your apostrophe usage.


At 3/24/2006 12:14 PM, Blogger --josh-- said...   

Hey! What's wrong with my apostrophes?


At 3/24/2006 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...   

Its not a huge problem, but we cant pretend it doesnt exist.


Post a Comment

<< Home

My Friend Flickr
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called layne. Make your own badge here.

Blogs

Toonz

Political Crap

Recent Tracks
Advertising

Take me back to the top!
© 2005 A Penny's Worth| Design by: E.Webscapes