About Us
A penny for your thoughts indeed. Around here that would be a raise.

What makes a good blog? I think thematic consistency, a little exhibitionism, and honest writing. I can promise you the last one.

Most of my posts seem to be about music or politics. Some of them are funny. But all of them would love to hear a comment from you.

Oh-- and please welcome God to the APW team. We're thrilled and humbled to serve as His earthly vessel.

My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC

I was born at a relatively young age. Growing up consumed the better part of my childhood. As a young man I chased a lot of girls. But they kept getting away. Then I got older and even slower, so I got married. I've lived in New York City almost since before I moved here. I summer in Manhattan, which is like New York City, but with more humidity.

Here's me, without baby, thinking big thoughts. (Actually, what I'm thinking is, "Hey, these aren't Pringles!") I think I look better with baby.


Email Me

Recent Posts

Archives

Site Info
Powered by:

Blogger

Designed by:

Blog Design: E.Webscpaes


Terror Alert Level

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
The Academy Awards
Monday, March 06, 2006
Could these have been any duller?

Thank heaven for Tivo. We started taping the show at 8, started watching at about 9:30, skipped the really boring stuff (like, everything after best supporting actor for the next 2 hours), and finished up on time. And, we took breaks.

Can you believe people gather for Oscar parties? I'd sooner go to a Discovery Channel party. Or a C-SPAN II party.

I didn't see Brokeback Mountain (it looked sort of gay.) But oddly enough the missus and I did see Crash. We liked it a lot. We went to I think 4 movies in 2005 (Crash, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, Syriana, and King Kong) and saw one '05 movie in '06 (Capote.) Who'da thunk we'd have managed to catch the year's best? I told everyone that Crash was really good, and the unanimous response was, "Say what now? Crash? Never heard of it."

You know what they should do with the Oscars? They should take about 10 of those middle awards, give them out off screen, and add mor acting awards. Best lead/supporting, actor/actress, in a comedy/drama. That's 8 more acting awards right there, and that's what people want to see.`

Reese Weatherspoon is our best actress? Really? I mean, a plucky little sort, sure, but best actress? (Of course I didn't see the movie. But still.)

Two movies I still want to see based on Word of Mouth: Good Night and Good Luck; Match Point.

Posted by: --josh-- @ 3:35 PM  


2 Comments:
At 3/07/2006 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...   

Good Night and Good Luck is GREAT, and I'm not just saying that because of George Clooney. I never even saw Syriana (because I didn't want to see George looking like Tevye), but GN&GL was outstanding. And don't make cracks about Reese Witherspoon. For being such a cute little person, she does a whole hell of a lot of acting. Personally, I thought Felicity Huffman had a more difficult job to do in Transamerica, but Reese deserved the award almost as much. And finally, Josh, we do have to tell you that Brokeback Mountain isn't just a little faggy. It's really GAY.


At 3/07/2006 1:08 PM, Blogger --josh-- said...   

I like Reese Witherspoon as much as the next fella (and I believe she's a fine replacement for Alicia Silverstone). But she's just quintessentially small screen. Not a "movie star." The last "movie star" female I saw (and remember, I never go to the movies) was Naomi Watts in King Kong. All movie I just kept thinking, "sigh... now THAT's a movie star." (Was also thinking, "I'd like her to climb MY skyscraper.")


Post a Comment

<< Home

My Friend Flickr
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called layne. Make your own badge here.

Blogs

Toonz

Political Crap

Recent Tracks
Advertising

Take me back to the top!
© 2005 A Penny's Worth| Design by: E.Webscapes