About Us
A penny for your thoughts indeed. Around here that would be a raise.

What makes a good blog? I think thematic consistency, a little exhibitionism, and honest writing. I can promise you the last one.

Most of my posts seem to be about music or politics. Some of them are funny. But all of them would love to hear a comment from you.

Oh-- and please welcome God to the APW team. We're thrilled and humbled to serve as His earthly vessel.

My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC

I was born at a relatively young age. Growing up consumed the better part of my childhood. As a young man I chased a lot of girls. But they kept getting away. Then I got older and even slower, so I got married. I've lived in New York City almost since before I moved here. I summer in Manhattan, which is like New York City, but with more humidity.

Here's me, without baby, thinking big thoughts. (Actually, what I'm thinking is, "Hey, these aren't Pringles!") I think I look better with baby.


Email Me

Recent Posts

Archives

Site Info
Powered by:

Blogger

Designed by:

Blog Design: E.Webscpaes


Terror Alert Level

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
Thus Spake Me, February 17, 1006: Thus Spake You
Friday, February 17, 2006
(God's column appears in this space every Friday.)

Its been quite a stretch in Godland lately. You know, I love a monotheistic people as much as the next deity, but really, even I’m sick of the Muslims. Yo, Ahmed—lighten up! Its just a frickin’ cartoon!

Consider that a sura.

**********

OK then.. We’ve gotten scads of comments and letters, so We thought We’d answer a couple. ScW provides an earnest conservative Christian (although not “religious right”) response to Our posting that Jesus was a liberal. Read his whole note here; this excerpt sums it up:

“I believe the government’s responsibility and the church's responsibility are
different. The government provides a framework to protect us from those that
would seek to harm us and to provide a platform for people to freely live out
their lives.”

But all that government is, is the sum total of the will of the people. If there is mercy and righteousness in the hearts and minds of the people, then expecting so little from government is really setting the bar low. You can do better. You should do better.

Thou shalt do better.

It seems odd that conservatives, who expect so little from government, are so quick to surrender unto government the responsibility for safety and freedom. One wonders if conservatives ever go to the Department of Motor Vehicles on a busy day. Or if they watched any CNN the month of Katrina.

We appreciate ScW’s thoughtful and thougt-provoking correspondence, and hope he writes again. But really, he couldn’t have expected to win a debate with God…

Brandon Corfman writes:
You're right - I can't imagine anyone more selfless than Jesus. I believe he
said "'go learn what this means, I desire mercy, not sacrifice' for I have
not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Thanks Brandon. We agree. Take 2 venial sins, on the house.

For those of you praying about new the Sony Play Station, the answer is, June.

Peace out.



Posted by: --josh-- @ 3:38 PM  


0 Comments:
My Friend Flickr
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called layne. Make your own badge here.

Blogs

Toonz

Political Crap

Recent Tracks
Advertising

Take me back to the top!
© 2005 A Penny's Worth| Design by: E.Webscapes