About Us
A penny for your thoughts indeed. Around here that would be a raise.

What makes a good blog? I think thematic consistency, a little exhibitionism, and honest writing. I can promise you the last one.

Most of my posts seem to be about music or politics. Some of them are funny. But all of them would love to hear a comment from you.

Oh-- and please welcome God to the APW team. We're thrilled and humbled to serve as His earthly vessel.

My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC

I was born at a relatively young age. Growing up consumed the better part of my childhood. As a young man I chased a lot of girls. But they kept getting away. Then I got older and even slower, so I got married. I've lived in New York City almost since before I moved here. I summer in Manhattan, which is like New York City, but with more humidity.

Here's me, without baby, thinking big thoughts. (Actually, what I'm thinking is, "Hey, these aren't Pringles!") I think I look better with baby.


Email Me

Recent Posts

Archives

Site Info
Powered by:

Blogger

Designed by:

Blog Design: E.Webscpaes


Terror Alert Level

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
Tis the Season to Jam on Extended Guitar Solos
Thursday, December 01, 2005

This year the Allman Brothers Band have made 37 of their summer shows available for purchase. These shows were recorded and sold at the venue as part of Clear Channel's Instant Live series; now they are available to everyone whether you were at the show or not. They sound great; as good as or better than any live album you might buy. And just in time for Christmas, too! With incendiary guitarists Derek Trucks and Warren Haynes, this incarnation of the band may just be-- and this is rock'n'roll heresy-- as good as the originals. Read our review of the Jones Beach gig here (scroll down); read about how bass player Oteil Burbridge inspires us here.

There's a lot of swell merchandise available from Kid Glove (the Allmans merchandising arm), but I recommend the Instant Lives.

So bop on over to Hittin' the Note and buy something good. Tell 'em Josh sent you. I recommend Wannee (second night, 4/16/05), Jones Beach (8/24/05) Red Rocks (9/18/05) and Charlotte (10/2/05).

Labels:


Posted by: --josh-- @ 11:03 AM  


1 Comments:
At 12/01/2005 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...   

Thank you for your really beautiful comment

This year I plan on seeing the Allman Brothers at the Beacon, finaly, really!


Post a Comment

<< Home

My Friend Flickr
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called layne. Make your own badge here.

Blogs

Toonz

Political Crap

Recent Tracks
Advertising

Take me back to the top!
© 2005 A Penny's Worth| Design by: E.Webscapes