About Us
A penny for your thoughts indeed. Around here that would be a raise.

What makes a good blog? I think thematic consistency, a little exhibitionism, and honest writing. I can promise you the last one.

Most of my posts seem to be about music or politics. Some of them are funny. But all of them would love to hear a comment from you.

Oh-- and please welcome God to the APW team. We're thrilled and humbled to serve as His earthly vessel.

My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC

I was born at a relatively young age. Growing up consumed the better part of my childhood. As a young man I chased a lot of girls. But they kept getting away. Then I got older and even slower, so I got married. I've lived in New York City almost since before I moved here. I summer in Manhattan, which is like New York City, but with more humidity.

Here's me, without baby, thinking big thoughts. (Actually, what I'm thinking is, "Hey, these aren't Pringles!") I think I look better with baby.


Email Me

Recent Posts

Archives

Site Info
Powered by:

Blogger

Designed by:

Blog Design: E.Webscpaes


Terror Alert Level

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
November 25, 2005: Thus Spake Me
Friday, November 25, 2005

(God's column appears in this space every Friday.)

Happy First day of Christmas, everybody! Sorry I haven't put this up sooner; I was sleeping in. What, God doesn't get to sleep in on a 4-day weekend? Don't worry; if anything happens on earth, I have a baby monitor there in the room with you.

I don’t know about you, but I’m stuffed! Couldn’t eat another bite. (Well, that’s not true; obviously, I can do whatever I want. But in the form I assume when I present Myself to you, then no, not another bite.)

This is an interesting time of year down there on earth. So many of you get the Christmas bug. The weather turns nippy, the Black Friday shopping circulars hit, and as soon as the Cowboys game is over it seems like you all are camping out in front of K-Mart so you can be the first to get a $39 DVD player. Yes, the Spirit of Christmas lives on. Joy to the world.

Humans, it is foolish for you to rush continually headlong forward all the time. If you live in the US, you should enjoy Thanksgiving a little more. You probably saw family, people you don’t see as often as you should. Relish that. Have a turkey omelet for breakfast. Eat some more of that delicious stuffing for lunch. Be where you are, and relax; they aren’t going to run out of crappy DVD players at K-Mart.

I keep thinking one year I am going to pull a Grinch and cancel Christmas. Not out of spite or anything; just so you Westerners will stop seeing the birth of My boy as some sort of stimulus to fourth quarter retails sales. Don’t any of you see something wrong with the day you set aside to celebrate the birth of your Lord’s only earthly son, serving as the lynchpin of your fragile economy? I would call that a cosmic joke, only I’m not laughing.

Anyway, I don’t want to be a downer this week. So be of good cheer, and don’t rush through this season.

Next week: why good things happen to bad people.

Ciao,

God

Posted by: --josh-- @ 6:27 PM  


1 Comments:
At 11/28/2005 11:26 AM, Blogger RoxiticusDH said...   

I cannot believe you talked God into guestblogging every Friday....that cuts your time spent blogging (tsb) by at least one seventh each week...no wonder you and your team are more prolific than this Desperate Housewife.


Post a Comment

<< Home

My Friend Flickr
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called layne. Make your own badge here.

Blogs

Toonz

Political Crap

Recent Tracks
Advertising

Take me back to the top!
© 2005 A Penny's Worth| Design by: E.Webscapes