About Us
A penny for your thoughts indeed. Around here that would be a raise.

What makes a good blog? I think thematic consistency, a little exhibitionism, and honest writing. I can promise you the last one.

Most of my posts seem to be about music or politics. Some of them are funny. But all of them would love to hear a comment from you.

Oh-- and please welcome God to the APW team. We're thrilled and humbled to serve as His earthly vessel.

My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC

I was born at a relatively young age. Growing up consumed the better part of my childhood. As a young man I chased a lot of girls. But they kept getting away. Then I got older and even slower, so I got married. I've lived in New York City almost since before I moved here. I summer in Manhattan, which is like New York City, but with more humidity.

Here's me, without baby, thinking big thoughts. (Actually, what I'm thinking is, "Hey, these aren't Pringles!") I think I look better with baby.


Email Me

Recent Posts

Archives

Site Info
Powered by:

Blogger

Designed by:

Blog Design: E.Webscpaes


Terror Alert Level

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
The Passion of the Drunk
Sunday, July 30, 2006
You can't make this stuff up; read all about Mel Gibson's drunken, anti-semetic tirade here.

(Thanks SLT for post heading.)

I don't mean to go all Jew on you. I just think this is hysterically funny. I used to really like Mel Gibson. I mean, Lethal Weapon? Come on! Great movie! I'd like to also reference Mad Max, except I'd be lying if I said I'd seen the Mad Max films, but hey, I hear they're great too. I even liked him in the M. Night Shyamalan movie where he wore the tin foil hat.

But he lost me with the Passion of the Christ, a film predicated on the premise that one should take the bible literally. Even occasional readers of APW know how we feel about that (Annie provides this quote, from a sign out front of a church local to her: "We take the bible seriously, not literally.")

I guess the moral here is twofold: (1) stupid is as stupid does; and (2) Actors should not be allowed to speak their own words.

Posted by: --josh-- @ 10:11 AM  


2 Comments:
At 7/30/2006 1:57 PM, Blogger Jane Doe said...   

Yeah, Mel Gibson lost me at Passion too. I had no idea he was such a fundamentalist.


At 7/31/2006 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...   

Did you notice how many of the comments following this news story supported Mel? And so many of them with the same awful tag: "The Jews start all the wars." I wanted to count them up and figure the prcentage, but I was too nauseated.


Post a Comment

<< Home

My Friend Flickr
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called layne. Make your own badge here.

Blogs

Toonz

Political Crap

Recent Tracks
Advertising

Take me back to the top!
© 2005 A Penny's Worth| Design by: E.Webscapes