About Us
A penny for your thoughts indeed. Around here that would be a raise.

What makes a good blog? I think thematic consistency, a little exhibitionism, and honest writing. I can promise you the last one.

Most of my posts seem to be about music or politics. Some of them are funny. But all of them would love to hear a comment from you.

Oh-- and please welcome God to the APW team. We're thrilled and humbled to serve as His earthly vessel.

My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC

I was born at a relatively young age. Growing up consumed the better part of my childhood. As a young man I chased a lot of girls. But they kept getting away. Then I got older and even slower, so I got married. I've lived in New York City almost since before I moved here. I summer in Manhattan, which is like New York City, but with more humidity.

Here's me, without baby, thinking big thoughts. (Actually, what I'm thinking is, "Hey, these aren't Pringles!") I think I look better with baby.


Email Me

Recent Posts

Archives

Site Info
Powered by:

Blogger

Designed by:

Blog Design: E.Webscpaes


Terror Alert Level

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
Losing With Grace is Still Losing
Tuesday, January 31, 2006

In 2004 I made the mistake of donating some money to the Democratic Party (talk about good money after bad.) I call it a mistake, because now they have my contact info. So I get emails from John Kerry every once in a while; apparently this is THE guy to mobilize the Democratic base. (Doesn't anyone remember that other guy, the one who was president for 8 years? How about an email from him?)

Anyway, this is from today's email from Kerry about Alito's nomination NOT being blocked. Dude sure makes losing sound noble, doesn't he? And in the end, isn't that all we can hope for anymore from the Dems-- losing nobly?

Yesterday, 25 Democratic Senators joined our effort to filibuster the Alito nomination -- that's more votes to filibuster the Alito nomination than there were votes against Justice Roberts' nomination itself just a few months ago.

This morning, 42 Senators voted against Alito's nomination. That's the highest number of votes against any Supreme Court nominee since Clarence Thomas in 1991.

It's hard to lose -- but it's important to fight for what we believe in. I want to thank the hundreds of thousands of you who signed our petitions, called your senators, wrote letters to the editor and, most important, refused to stand silent while President Bush worked to pack the highest court in the land with far right ideologues. We fought a fight that needed fighting.

Yes, thanks losers, for being a part of this loss. We couldn't have lost it without you. Together we will lose many, many more battles. But be it known, we'll continue to lose with dignity and nobility and grace. And most important, we will lose with RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION! In short, my friends, we will lose, until there are no battles left to lose!

The man inspires me, he does.

Labels:


Posted by: --josh-- @ 3:34 PM  


2 Comments:
At 2/11/2006 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...   

I made the exact same mistake, except mine went to the other side.

I don't even read the mail from them anymore. I cringe when I think about how much of my contribution has gone into the materials, time, and postage required to send me all these pieces of mail.


At 2/11/2006 9:29 PM, Blogger --josh-- said...   

And the kicker is, our donations probably cancelled each other out, but now we're BOTH inundated!

From now on, I say, instead of contributing to a political candidate or party, just find someone willing to make the same contribution to the other side, and both of you agree not to.


Post a Comment

<< Home

My Friend Flickr
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called layne. Make your own badge here.

Blogs

Toonz

Political Crap

Recent Tracks
Advertising

Take me back to the top!
© 2005 A Penny's Worth| Design by: E.Webscapes