About Us
A penny for your thoughts indeed. Around here that would be a raise.

What makes a good blog? I think thematic consistency, a little exhibitionism, and honest writing. I can promise you the last one.

Most of my posts seem to be about music or politics. Some of them are funny. But all of them would love to hear a comment from you.

Oh-- and please welcome God to the APW team. We're thrilled and humbled to serve as His earthly vessel.

My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC

I was born at a relatively young age. Growing up consumed the better part of my childhood. As a young man I chased a lot of girls. But they kept getting away. Then I got older and even slower, so I got married. I've lived in New York City almost since before I moved here. I summer in Manhattan, which is like New York City, but with more humidity.

Here's me, without baby, thinking big thoughts. (Actually, what I'm thinking is, "Hey, these aren't Pringles!") I think I look better with baby.


Email Me

Recent Posts

Archives

Site Info
Powered by:

Blogger

Designed by:

Blog Design: E.Webscpaes


Terror Alert Level

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
Saturday (3/24) at the Beacon: the Mojo is in the House!
Monday, March 26, 2007
Statesboro Blues
Revival
Leave My Blues At Home
Rocking Horse
Soulshine (w/Ron Holloway)
High Cost Of Low Living
One Way Out

Come On Into My Kitchen (Luther Dickenson)
Dreams (w/Ron Holloway)
In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed > bass > Jabuma > Kofi > Jabuma >
Mountain Jam >
Dazed and Confused >
Mountain Jam

Whipping Post

Note: "Dazed and Confused" (in set list above) is a link. Click it.

Some nights, you walk into the Beacon and you can just cut the mojo with a knife… if you’re paying attention you get that tingle, that buzz in your antennae, and you can tell its going to be a special one.

Saturday night. It is one of those shows where everything the band tries, works, first note to last.

Please click here to read the rest

Labels:


Posted by: --josh-- @ 8:56 PM  


2 Comments:
At 3/30/2007 1:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...   

josh, is there anywhere I can beg, borrow, buy, or steal a good sound quality hard-copy recording of this enitre show? maybe an all night bowling alley, some seedy local laundromat, the backroom entrance to joe's five and dime, some dingy, sweltering, dimly-lit late-night atlanta blues dive...

or possibly the allman's website?


At 3/30/2007 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...   

oops... sorry. that last post wasn't supposed to be anonymous...

just little ol' me...

relatively T


Post a Comment

<< Home

My Friend Flickr
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called layne. Make your own badge here.

Blogs

Toonz

Political Crap

Recent Tracks
Advertising

Take me back to the top!
© 2005 A Penny's Worth| Design by: E.Webscapes