About Us
A penny for your thoughts indeed. Around here that would be a raise.

What makes a good blog? I think thematic consistency, a little exhibitionism, and honest writing. I can promise you the last one.

Most of my posts seem to be about music or politics. Some of them are funny. But all of them would love to hear a comment from you.

Oh-- and please welcome God to the APW team. We're thrilled and humbled to serve as His earthly vessel.

My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC

I was born at a relatively young age. Growing up consumed the better part of my childhood. As a young man I chased a lot of girls. But they kept getting away. Then I got older and even slower, so I got married. I've lived in New York City almost since before I moved here. I summer in Manhattan, which is like New York City, but with more humidity.

Here's me, without baby, thinking big thoughts. (Actually, what I'm thinking is, "Hey, these aren't Pringles!") I think I look better with baby.


Email Me

Recent Posts

Archives

Site Info
Powered by:

Blogger

Designed by:

Blog Design: E.Webscpaes


Terror Alert Level

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
A Guest Editorial From God
Tuesday, October 25, 2005

According to the Pew Research Center, 42% of Americans believe that life on Earth has always existed as it does now. 48% believe in evolution; of these, a subset of 18% (that's 18 of the 48) believe evolution was guided by a supreme being.

Congratulations to those 18%. That is exactly right.

Please quote Me, the Lord thy God, on this. Thus spake Me. Evolution is one of My most brilliant achievements. And trust Me to know; I am after all omniscient. I took carbon and water and dirt, heated it up into a goopy soup, and four and a half billion years later here you are, reading a blog. Not too shabby, right? Evolution, dudes. Who's yo' daddy?

Now, those dullards who insist on taking the bible literally-- hey, don't blame Me for them. They may claim to speak for Me, but they do not. My spokespersons have a little more on the ball. I mean, let's face it. I am, after all, God. Who do you think I'd pick to speak for Me? (and remember that I have first dibs on pretty much everyone.) Would I pick Pat Robertson, or Stephen Hawking? Think about it.

The bible was written thousands of years ago, before the printing press, in languages none of you speak. Show of hands: who's seen a first edition copy? No one? Thought so. Check eBay; you won't find one. In the original Aramaic, the Old Testement is sheer poetry. A little heavy on the guilt perhaps, but I was younger then and have since found My voice. But the bible seems to have gotten all garbled up along the way, as you folks copied and translated it manually over thousands of years, and now even I hardly recogniize it. The original, in fact, was quite a groundbreaking scientific text-- just as I intended when I dictated it. (Which reminds me: whatever happened to the Book of Mary Magdeline? But I digress.)

So stop all this nonsense about God versus evolution. Only I could have brought you so complex and profoundly beautiful a thing as evolution. Remember that, the next time you see speeded up nature footage of a blooming rose.

Check out my website here.

Posted by: --josh-- @ 5:16 PM  


0 Comments:
My Friend Flickr
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called layne. Make your own badge here.

Blogs

Toonz

Political Crap

Recent Tracks
Advertising

Take me back to the top!
© 2005 A Penny's Worth| Design by: E.Webscapes