About Us
A penny for your thoughts indeed. Around here that would be a raise.

What makes a good blog? I think thematic consistency, a little exhibitionism, and honest writing. I can promise you the last one.

Most of my posts seem to be about music or politics. Some of them are funny. But all of them would love to hear a comment from you.

Oh-- and please welcome God to the APW team. We're thrilled and humbled to serve as His earthly vessel.

My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC

I was born at a relatively young age. Growing up consumed the better part of my childhood. As a young man I chased a lot of girls. But they kept getting away. Then I got older and even slower, so I got married. I've lived in New York City almost since before I moved here. I summer in Manhattan, which is like New York City, but with more humidity.

Here's me, without baby, thinking big thoughts. (Actually, what I'm thinking is, "Hey, these aren't Pringles!") I think I look better with baby.


Email Me

Recent Posts

Archives

Site Info
Powered by:

Blogger

Designed by:

Blog Design: E.Webscpaes


Terror Alert Level

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
Iowa Debrief (Emphasis on "brief")
Friday, January 04, 2008
Item: Biden Tanks in Iowa, Drops Out
I guess I was kidding myself. In hindsight the Democrat caucus rules in Iowa did not lend themselves to a strong Biden showing. You need to get a minimum of 15% in the precinct in round one, or you don't get to round 2; Biden probably got 10-15% a lot of places, which ended up translating to nothing. A pragmatist, he took his 1% of the vote and dropped out. Sorry to see him go, sorry that American politics has become a process of polling-fundraising self-fulfillment. But he'd make the perfect Veep for Obama, or a Secretary of State for any Dem.

But, dear reader, know that an endorsement is not a prediction; we predicted both Obama and Huckabee to win Iowa.

Item: Huckabee Wins
Not a surprise. Nice to see Romney lose though; he has that combination of smugness and opportunism that just totally grates. And I can't see Americans voting for a guy if we're wondering, "Does his hair look like that when he wakes up?" Huckabee seems like a really nice guy, and I hope he enjoys his moment in the sun, before the more pragmatic New Hampshire voters remind us that he's a tax hiking religious nut.

Item: Obama Wins; Hillary Places Third
Saw Obama coming a mile away; his supporters, likely to be under 30, are also likely to live in cell phone-only households and are thus unavailable to the infallible political pollsters. Indeed I even predicted this outcome to a graduate class in market research.

Hillary has a real problem now. Her campaign, based on the notion of its own inevitability, is now no longer inevitable and thus hollow. I heard a pundit on CNN say that her husband campaigning in New Hampshire won't help her, because her third place showing in Iowa was "a repudiation of the Clinton presidency." I don't think so. Rather, I think that by flocking to Obama-- young, black, inexperienced, great speaker, he feels our pain-- the Iowa voters were making the statement that Obama, and not Hillary, is this year's Bill Clinton.

Labels:


Posted by: --josh-- @ 3:37 PM  


1 Comments:
At 1/05/2008 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...   

It's amazing how old and used-up Hillary seems next to a believable Obama...dull, tired, and completely politics-as-usual.

I'm trying to remember that she's been so good to New York, she was re-elected practically unopposed.

Obama's Secretary of Human Services, perhaps?


Post a Comment

<< Home

My Friend Flickr
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called layne. Make your own badge here.

Blogs

Toonz

Political Crap

Recent Tracks
Advertising

Take me back to the top!
© 2005 A Penny's Worth| Design by: E.Webscapes