About Us
A penny for your thoughts indeed. Around here that would be a raise.

What makes a good blog? I think thematic consistency, a little exhibitionism, and honest writing. I can promise you the last one.

Most of my posts seem to be about music or politics. Some of them are funny. But all of them would love to hear a comment from you.

Oh-- and please welcome God to the APW team. We're thrilled and humbled to serve as His earthly vessel.

My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC

I was born at a relatively young age. Growing up consumed the better part of my childhood. As a young man I chased a lot of girls. But they kept getting away. Then I got older and even slower, so I got married. I've lived in New York City almost since before I moved here. I summer in Manhattan, which is like New York City, but with more humidity.

Here's me, without baby, thinking big thoughts. (Actually, what I'm thinking is, "Hey, these aren't Pringles!") I think I look better with baby.


Email Me

Recent Posts

Archives

Site Info
Powered by:

Blogger

Designed by:

Blog Design: E.Webscpaes


Terror Alert Level

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
Prince to Fans: Shut Yo' Mouth!
Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Artist Currently Known as Prince is locked in a legal battle with his fans-- or more specifically, the operators of his fan sites. His attorneys are going after the sites that use his name or image; the main sites have banded together and put up a protest site with the whole story. Here is an excerpt from their press release:

"Several of the largest web communities dedicated to the artist have received notices to cease and desist all use of photographs, images, lyrics, album covers and anything linked to Prince's likeness. It is our belief that these threats are not made in an attempt to enforce valid copyright as Prince alleges in his threats, rather we believe they are attempts to stifle all critical commentary about Prince."

The Purple One responded with an answer song, which he put up (listen-only, no downloading) here. The 7-and-a-half minute jam is, and this is typically vexing and a little bit meta-textual, better by a mile than anything on his latest record by a mile (and y'all know I'm a fan.)

Anyway, I used Creative Wave Studio to capture the audio of this Pfunky jam and save it as a .wav file, and then I used Musicmatch Jukebox to convert the .wav to MP3, and so here it is for your listening-- and DOWNLOADING-- pleasure.

Will Prince's lawyers contact me? Yeah... if only!

Labels: ,


Posted by: --josh-- @ 9:20 AM  


0 Comments:
My Friend Flickr
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called layne. Make your own badge here.

Blogs

Toonz

Political Crap

Recent Tracks
Advertising

Take me back to the top!
© 2005 A Penny's Worth| Design by: E.Webscapes