About Us
A penny for your thoughts indeed. Around here that would be a raise.

What makes a good blog? I think thematic consistency, a little exhibitionism, and honest writing. I can promise you the last one.

Most of my posts seem to be about music or politics. Some of them are funny. But all of them would love to hear a comment from you.

Oh-- and please welcome God to the APW team. We're thrilled and humbled to serve as His earthly vessel.

My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC

I was born at a relatively young age. Growing up consumed the better part of my childhood. As a young man I chased a lot of girls. But they kept getting away. Then I got older and even slower, so I got married. I've lived in New York City almost since before I moved here. I summer in Manhattan, which is like New York City, but with more humidity.

Here's me, without baby, thinking big thoughts. (Actually, what I'm thinking is, "Hey, these aren't Pringles!") I think I look better with baby.


Email Me

Recent Posts

Archives

Site Info
Powered by:

Blogger

Designed by:

Blog Design: E.Webscpaes


Terror Alert Level

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
Whack!
Tuesday, June 12, 2007

According to the Nielsen TV ratings, 11.9 million people watched the Sopranos last Sunday night.

Does that seem like a lot or a little to you?

There are about 300 million people in the US, so that means about 4% of us were watching. That probably makes it seem liike a small number.

On the other hand, it was the top-rated TV show in its time slot (easily trouncing, among other things, the Tonys and an NBA finals game), and the top-rated show for the week ending June 10th. Which is unusual for a program on HBO, which is only available in about 30 million households, as opposed to, say, NBC, whhich is available in 112 million households.

So now it seems like a lot.

Remember the final episode of M*A*S*H? Viewed in 50 million households, which probably translates to over 100 million persons. Remember Luke and Laura's wedding on General Hospital? About 30 million viewers.

Almost three times as many people watched Luke and Laura as watched Phil Leotardo et what was coming.

Now, to be fair, certainly more of us who havent done so will still watch the Sopranos final episode on Tivo or HBO On Demand, or any one of the dozens of times it reruns this month. But still... pretty much everyone I know watched the episode live. Does that mean pretty much everyone I know falls into the same 4% slice of Americans?

I assume you watched it...



Posted by: --josh-- @ 1:41 PM  


1 Comments:
At 6/12/2007 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...   

How many of those people wished that David Chase had toned down the sound effects when Philly got his? Many, we think. Many.


Post a Comment

<< Home

My Friend Flickr
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called layne. Make your own badge here.

Blogs

Toonz

Political Crap

Recent Tracks
Advertising

Take me back to the top!
© 2005 A Penny's Worth| Design by: E.Webscapes