About Us
A penny for your thoughts indeed. Around here that would be a raise.

What makes a good blog? I think thematic consistency, a little exhibitionism, and honest writing. I can promise you the last one.

Most of my posts seem to be about music or politics. Some of them are funny. But all of them would love to hear a comment from you.

Oh-- and please welcome God to the APW team. We're thrilled and humbled to serve as His earthly vessel.

My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC

I was born at a relatively young age. Growing up consumed the better part of my childhood. As a young man I chased a lot of girls. But they kept getting away. Then I got older and even slower, so I got married. I've lived in New York City almost since before I moved here. I summer in Manhattan, which is like New York City, but with more humidity.

Here's me, without baby, thinking big thoughts. (Actually, what I'm thinking is, "Hey, these aren't Pringles!") I think I look better with baby.


Email Me

Recent Posts

Archives

Site Info
Powered by:

Blogger

Designed by:

Blog Design: E.Webscpaes


Terror Alert Level

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
ABB @ the Beacon, 4/5/07: Too Many Cooks?
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Jessica
Can’t Lose What You Never Had
Aint Wastin’ Time No More
Maydell > coda jam
One Way Out (Vince Esquire, gtr)
Statesboro Blues (Vince Esquire, gtr)
All along the Watchtower (Dave Mason, gtr/vox; Bruce Katz, keys)
Feelin’ Alright (Dave Mason, gtr/vox; Bruce Katz, keys)

Black Hearted Woman > The Other One jam
shuffle > Done Somebody Wrong (Luther Dickenson, gtr)
The Sky is Crying (Leslie West, vox/gtr, Bruce Katz, keys)
Crossroads (Leslie West, vox/gtr)
Les Brers > bass > drums > Les Brers

No One Left to Run With

The opening strums of “Jessica” are so soft and smooth, it makes you say “hunh!” to yourself. The playing through to the end of the opening theme is a springtime happy jaunt. Derek plays nice, easy melodic lines out of the theme, Warren adds some beautiful chording that turns it into the song again. Derek’s playing is magnificent, but he’s still holding back… finally he punches through and rings the big bell, then takes it back down again; it’s a happy time, and the place erupts as Warren steps up to join in on the familiar transitional lick and hand-off. He sends piercing, happy sloppy blues licks to some place in the back of your head, between the ears. He comes down for a sparse little happy dance, then trades licks with Derek… Oteil’s bass sings out in empathy to Derek’s plaintive call… Warren plays searing hot white breezy lines, then goes blue to return to the “Jessica” licks and theme. The whole bands leans hard on a long, gooey close; Butch pounds the sucka out, the crowd eats it up. Outstanding, sublime, the happy dust is going to spill over into the rest of the set.

Please click here to read more.

Labels:


Posted by: --josh-- @ 12:18 PM  


0 Comments:
My Friend Flickr
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called layne. Make your own badge here.

Blogs

Toonz

Political Crap

Recent Tracks
Advertising

Take me back to the top!
© 2005 A Penny's Worth| Design by: E.Webscapes