About Us
A penny for your thoughts indeed. Around here that would be a raise.

What makes a good blog? I think thematic consistency, a little exhibitionism, and honest writing. I can promise you the last one.

Most of my posts seem to be about music or politics. Some of them are funny. But all of them would love to hear a comment from you.

Oh-- and please welcome God to the APW team. We're thrilled and humbled to serve as His earthly vessel.

My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC

I was born at a relatively young age. Growing up consumed the better part of my childhood. As a young man I chased a lot of girls. But they kept getting away. Then I got older and even slower, so I got married. I've lived in New York City almost since before I moved here. I summer in Manhattan, which is like New York City, but with more humidity.

Here's me, without baby, thinking big thoughts. (Actually, what I'm thinking is, "Hey, these aren't Pringles!") I think I look better with baby.


Email Me

Recent Posts

Archives

Site Info
Powered by:

Blogger

Designed by:

Blog Design: E.Webscpaes


Terror Alert Level

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
Advertising Works, Part Deux
Wednesday, August 31, 2005
Advertising Works Part One may be found on my bestest pal Bree's blog, specifically this post.

Since I am somewhat tangentially-- or more than that-- in the advertising business, I thought it was appropriate for me to have advertising on my blog. Paid search is the hottest kind of advertising online right now, which is to say the hottest kind of advertising, period. Google's market cap is through the rooofle, and while I tend to think it is overvalued, there is a school of thought that says things like blogs, podcasts, and other technologies for providing limitless bandwidth and democratizing the creation of media will ultimately create an environment where there are no mass media vehicles and a glut of smallish ones (even in TV, the top-rated program this year wouldn't rank among the top-50 in 1969.) In such an environment, we won't need remote controls-- we will need search engines. Even for TV, for radio, we won't scan through channels, we will search. If you have digital cable, you can probably already see where the technology of the remote has begun to look more like a search tool (on TiVo I can "search" for, say, movies with Humphrey Bogart, and then record them.)

So yeah, maybe the future of media content is limitless information, and the model for perusing that content (not just online) will be search, and so right here at APW, we bring you cutting edge, contextual advertising. Its that skyscraper there on the lower right. Experience the new dawn of marketing. And by all means, buy something. As Bree would assure you, it is the American Way.

Posted by: --josh-- @ 11:04 AM  


0 Comments:
My Friend Flickr
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called layne. Make your own badge here.

Blogs

Toonz

Political Crap

Recent Tracks
Advertising

Take me back to the top!
© 2005 A Penny's Worth| Design by: E.Webscapes