About Us
A penny for your thoughts indeed. Around here that would be a raise.

What makes a good blog? I think thematic consistency, a little exhibitionism, and honest writing. I can promise you the last one.

Most of my posts seem to be about music or politics. Some of them are funny. But all of them would love to hear a comment from you.

Oh-- and please welcome God to the APW team. We're thrilled and humbled to serve as His earthly vessel.

My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC

I was born at a relatively young age. Growing up consumed the better part of my childhood. As a young man I chased a lot of girls. But they kept getting away. Then I got older and even slower, so I got married. I've lived in New York City almost since before I moved here. I summer in Manhattan, which is like New York City, but with more humidity.

Here's me, without baby, thinking big thoughts. (Actually, what I'm thinking is, "Hey, these aren't Pringles!") I think I look better with baby.


Email Me

Recent Posts

Archives

Site Info
Powered by:

Blogger

Designed by:

Blog Design: E.Webscpaes


Terror Alert Level

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
Flash! Tan Sleeve are Republicans!
Tuesday, July 13, 2004
For the 5 of you reading this, turns out I've learned from writing about music and politics that Lane and Steve, the main two guys in Tan Sleeve, are republicans. The point of which is, it doesn't matter. They're both still really cool guys, they're album is still great, and if you can play it all the way through on a sunny day and not feel better its your fault, not theirs. All 5 of you should run out and buy several copies as gifts.

My criticisms of "capital R" republicans-- the ones who are currently running the country-- shouldn't lead anyone to believe I'm a Democrat. I've registered Independent my whole life; I'm still waiting for a political party that I can point to and say, "I wanna be one of THOSE guys!" Besides, I have a theory that if you don't join a party you get less junk mail. Lane, we'll compare junk mail notes in November.

My very own brother is a classic libertarian free market conservative republican. And him, I love like-- well, like a brother.

The point being, hey, unless you're like this big shot congressman or something where it might (I stress might) actually matter, who cares what your politics are? I've got a group of college buddies I still keep in regular contact with, and we have shared experiences and tastes and all still see each other, and we're about evenly split between Dem, Rep, and Indie. It doesn't matter. It shouldn't matter. Beer is beer, if you know what I mean. In a very real way, a core underlying tenet of both Conservative and Liberal ideology should be the free exchange of ideas and the respect thereof (which is why Moichael Moore, and Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly, piss me off. No respect for dialogue, for the exchange of ideas. Did you hear O'Reilly wuss out in that NPR interview?)

Look, Dubya, I kid. I kid, because I love.

PS, I am still embarrassed that our president is such a tool. Sure Clinton was a pussy hound. But if I have to be represented by a pussy hound or a tool, and I can only pick one, I pick the pussy hound every time. At least I know where I stand with Clinton (somewhere behind that hot blonde with the rack.)

But frankly, I'm more than a little troubled that the next president will be a member of a wealthy elite family and a legacy of Yale's Skull & Bones. And that's no matter who wins. On some level, this is starting to feel like a choice between Kang and Kodos.*



*I assume if you've read this far you get the Simpsons reference.

Labels: ,


Posted by: --josh-- @ 9:01 PM  


2 Comments:
At 7/15/2004 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...   

Josh's brother here, posting anonymously. I could go on...but neither of us has the energy any more for these debates. But, for the record, I'm not a Republican. I live in that dark place where libertarians and conservatives meet for drinks.

Free market good. Government bad. Personal responsibility good. Being held accountable for one's actions good. Strong national defense good. War in Iraq eventually good (albeit messy). Sinister conspiracy theories bad (see Occam's Razor). Activist judges making law against the will of the people bad. Oversimplifying complex issues (pussy hound vs. tool) bad.


At 7/15/2004 4:46 PM, Blogger --josh-- said...   

The important thing, dear brother, is when are you going to buy Lane's record?

I still like the pussy hound better than the tool.


Post a Comment

<< Home

My Friend Flickr
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called layne. Make your own badge here.

Blogs

Toonz

Political Crap

Recent Tracks
Advertising

Take me back to the top!
© 2005 A Penny's Worth| Design by: E.Webscapes