About Us
A penny for your thoughts indeed. Around here that would be a raise.

What makes a good blog? I think thematic consistency, a little exhibitionism, and honest writing. I can promise you the last one.

Most of my posts seem to be about music or politics. Some of them are funny. But all of them would love to hear a comment from you.

Oh-- and please welcome God to the APW team. We're thrilled and humbled to serve as His earthly vessel.

My Photo
Name:
Location: NYC

I was born at a relatively young age. Growing up consumed the better part of my childhood. As a young man I chased a lot of girls. But they kept getting away. Then I got older and even slower, so I got married. I've lived in New York City almost since before I moved here. I summer in Manhattan, which is like New York City, but with more humidity.

Here's me, without baby, thinking big thoughts. (Actually, what I'm thinking is, "Hey, these aren't Pringles!") I think I look better with baby.


Email Me

Recent Posts

Archives

Site Info
Powered by:

Blogger

Designed by:

Blog Design: E.Webscpaes


Terror Alert Level

Weather Forecast | Weather Maps | Weather Radar
Link of the day
Friday, February 11, 2005
I should put this in my links section, but I'm a little lazy today (or busy.) Red Wine Haikus. By the way, Lane mentions at this site his first exposure to red wine was drinking with the dishwashers in summer camp where he was a waiter. Mine too, and same camp. Probably same dishwashers. I still remember the vintage: Tuesday.

*********

Sorry I haven't been posting more. I guess politics is boring me, and I figure my personal life would bore you. Something about Kim Jong Il makes me think "little dickens" every time he does something. I don't know why. And the more I see of Condi Rice, the less I like her.

The kid is great, a little wondrous angel. I read this yesterday in Malcolm Gladwell's Blink (he's the guy who wrote The Tipping Point, which became 2003's ubiquitous buzz word):

"If you were to approach a one-year-old child who sits playing on the floor and do something a little bit puzzling, such as cupping your hands over hers, the child would immediately look up into your eyes. Why? Because what you have done requires explanation, and the child knows that she can find an answer on your face."

She isn't a year old yet, but that's where our daughter is at now. Those searching looks as she gazes into your eyes, such intensity furrowed into her tiny adorable brow, such trust as she lies on my chest, grabbing onto my hair so she can get a fix on me, its just unfathomably rewarding. She vocalizes a lot-- cooing, gurgling, nonsense syllables (I guess they call it "baby talk") but no actual talking yet, but I know she understands things, and I can talk to her about certain things and she understands (two things I know she understands: "Baby want bottie?" and "Play with toys?") I love her more every day.

See? Boring.

Posted by: --josh-- @ 2:10 PM  


0 Comments:
My Friend Flickr
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called layne. Make your own badge here.

Blogs

Toonz

Political Crap

Recent Tracks
Advertising

Take me back to the top!
© 2005 A Penny's Worth| Design by: E.Webscapes